Saturday, March 20, 2010

1979-80 Topps #251 Minnesota North Stars Team Checklist

The 1979-80 set has always been my favorite set of hockey cards.  Never mind that I had never owned a single card from the set until last week.

The dominating blue borders were unlike any Topps/O-Pee-Chee outings that I had seen in any sport.  From a big picture standpoint, the set included the biggest card in the hobby (Wayne Gretzky's rookie card).  Locally, my most wanted hockey card was Bobby Smith's rookie card.

I had my eyes peeled for a nice '79 North Stars team set ever since I started going nuts with this project several weeks back, and I finally found one on eBay.  I got a great deal on it, and it was advertised as "EX-MT" condition.  When it arrived, I was stunned to find every card in gorgeous NM-MT condition.  This team set is one of the cornerstones of my budding collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment